Convergence Alliance Forum
Share your thoughts with your alliance!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Share your thoughts with your alliance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inter-Alliance PvP Tournament 5 vs 5

+13
Colourful
Hammer-Time
Hu-Shen
wulah
Amet-Nicket
khora
Marwaneyoubi
EsTygo
Swookes
Gummbear
Meheecan
Tyzii
Arianne
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Inter-Alliance PvP Tournament 5 vs 5 - Page 2 Empty Re: Inter-Alliance PvP Tournament 5 vs 5

Post by clovaG Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:02 pm

Just saw this is on 1pm dofus time i was thinking it was 1am so I wont be able to make ot "/ sorry guys

clovaG
Misfits
Misfits

Back to top Go down

Inter-Alliance PvP Tournament 5 vs 5 - Page 2 Empty Re: Inter-Alliance PvP Tournament 5 vs 5

Post by Colourful Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:05 am

Don't think Misfits will be participating! lots of issues towards the time of the event! Sorry guys

Colourful
Misfits
Misfits

Back to top Go down

Post by Growl Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:02 am

Darn time zones :')
Growl
Growl
Misfits
Misfits

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyzii Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:06 pm

Colourful wrote:Don't think Misfits will be participating! lots of issues towards the time of the event! Sorry guys
Unfortunately same with Parallel :\
Tyzii
Tyzii
Parallel
Parallel

http://guildopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Parallel

Back to top Go down

Post by EsTygo Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:15 am

It was rather disappoinitng for everyone that we didn't have an awesome event, so i suggest we try again, perhaps with a different approach. I think it was Arianne who was organizing this, so maybe she can make this happen with the help of a few more people to form a team for organizing this event Smile

Everyone is welcome to help organize ofc Smile

We could make the event more free for all levels, and allow mixed teams, or maybe even alts. Perhaps even make it teams of 3 to make it easier for the event to be realized. Smile

I'll let Arianne decide on how to create this, since it was her idea in the first place (i think?). Wink

EsTygo
Revolution
Revolution

Back to top Go down

Post by Colourful Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:01 am

I think the biggest issue towards the cancellation of this event was time zones, for lots of the Western hemisphere players, the times wouldave been in midnight-early morning times, which isn't very favourable for us. I suggest maybe instead of a guild pvp tourney.. have a N.American vs European/Australian tourney? Where it works as a knockout bracket, in which several north american teams vs each other and several European teams vs eachother, until the top North American team faces the top European team in a final match?

Just a thought,

Colourful

Colourful
Misfits
Misfits

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyzii Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:14 am

I think 5v5 is too much. It's too hard to get everyone together, so I think maybe even 2v2 would work well. 3v3 would be a lot like kolo but could still be an option. I like the idea of level brackets such as 1-50's verse, 50-100s 100-150's verse and so on. The suggestion above also sounds pretty neat Smile Another suggestion could be that you get to pick a partner (must be in verge, but doesn't matter what guild) and verse with them against other verge partners. Some problems would be you'd need multiple prizes though. EsTygo's idea of multiple organisers would be good in case someone can't come and ends being cancelled like this one. I'm just throwing ideas out there ^^ I'd like to see an idea like this revived.
Tyzii
Tyzii
Parallel
Parallel

Back to top Go down

Post by Panny Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:26 am

I'm not a PvP-er (though I will defend >.<), but I think the level brackets would be good so everyone can participate. I also agree that it would be good for alliance networking for folks to work in teams that represent multiple guilds. We could do guilds versus guilds but we could also make it so that if it's 3v3, you would have to represent people from either 2 or 3 different guilds within our alliance. Of course what would mix things up even more is if participants throw their names in a pot and we randomly select teams Razz

Panny
Misfits
Misfits

Back to top Go down

Post by Amet-Nicket Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:36 am

I'm not much of a PvP-er myself (build isn't really super optimized for PvP), but I do enjoy a nice fight once in a while.

I actually think it would be really fun to have random teams. Or have a separate random tournament for the sake of focusing only on having fun!
Amet-Nicket
Amet-Nicket
Amnesty
Amnesty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyzii Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:31 am

Random teams would be very fun, however it would be really unlucky if your team member(s) didn't show up and you got disqualified.
Another possible type of tournament could be a 1v1 (with level brackets). It would be class vs class until you get a winner of each class in each level bracket. After this, the winners of the level bracket will verse others in the same level bracket but just different classes. The winner of that will be the overall winner of that level bracket ^^. I know there is unfairness with 1v1 pvp, so the class level bracket winners can consider themselves winners as well. :)Sorry if I confused you by saying level bracket too much hehe.
Tyzii
Tyzii
Parallel
Parallel

Back to top Go down

Post by Panny Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:34 pm

I think with the random teams, I would say let's just pick a time, collect all the names of people who show up, attach a number with everyone's name, throw it in a random number generator and go right there on the spot. Otherwise, yes, there's definitely a time coordination effort. It would be pretty impromptu, less formal but hopefully still fun--and give folks a chance to meet others in the alliance!

Panny
Misfits
Misfits

Back to top Go down

Post by EsTygo Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:25 pm

I thought of one fairly easy way to balance the teams. First we'll see who shows up, and then amongst them pick one member to start each team, like lvl 200s. After that the rest is auctioned so that each team starter can spend 100 points to buy his team. That should even up the teams a bit.

Regarding the time i think we should simply do it when most ppl are online on the server. Best time is in the evening during the weekend.
Inter-Alliance PvP Tournament 5 vs 5 - Page 2 S210
Probably between 8 and 12 Dofus time during the weekend.

What about running the event, who wants to be main organizer of it?

EsTygo
Revolution
Revolution

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyzii Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:41 am

I don't really want to be the main organiser. but I'll definitely help ^^
Tyzii
Tyzii
Parallel
Parallel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amet-Nicket Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:05 am

Damn, 8:00-12:00 DUT is about 2:00AM-6:AM for me, would have helped to organize everything for sure, but staying up this late with the upcoming exam session probably won't be a good idea Razz
Amet-Nicket
Amet-Nicket
Amnesty
Amnesty

Back to top Go down

Post by Panny Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:36 am

We *could* make a PvP weekend and have multiple tourneys starting at different times so we can catch players around the globe. Things are quieter during the evenings for North American time zones, but perhaps then people have several opportunities to try? As far as organizing, I can't--unless it's not until mid-June  Razz 

Panny
Misfits
Misfits

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyzii Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:35 am

That sounds like a good idea Pan. Once the teams/matches are worked out the teams can organise a time to verse on the designated weekend Smile
Tyzii
Tyzii
Parallel
Parallel

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianne Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:01 pm

Hey guys, good to see you all contributing to make this happen. I am going to host another pvp-tournament but I will take into account all your comments. This time, it will be a highly organised event, and I hope I can send out an official post in the near future.

So far, I have listed the possible areas of improvement:
-Prize: Elite PvP Ranks + Kamas + Other freebies
-Level brackets: (100 to 120, 120 to 140, 140 to 160, 160 to 180, 180 to 200)
-1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, 4 vs 4, 5 vs 5
-Class vs Class
-Random teams

It is very possible to integrate all of these into the tournament, but as a first time, it is actually a bit too specified. I'd say take (3) of the possible combos such as; 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3 for this event but have level brackets (so there can be a winner/team for each level category). People who would like to participate in the tournament the prizes MUST sign up online, they can be allowed to sign up to more than one combo but not more than one level bracket and comment with their preferred team members. The guild requirement can be taken off and people can pair with anyone within the alliance to become the best team. The tournament could be stretched out through two weeks to allow sufficient time for teams to find a time to battle with their opponent. I would need to assign official referees to post the results online or to me as I cannot be there to judge and record every battle. For now, random team fights can also be hosted and recorded by official referees throughout the 2 weeks and prizes can be sorted between the two teams.

Keep the comments rolling, I'll get it started once I find some sort of layout for the event.

-Arianne-

Leader and Founder of Serenity

Arianne
Serenity
Serenity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2